house fire chimney

A smoke-stained chimney and barren porch pillars define what was once a house in Henryetta. The vacant home burned Saturday evening leaving just ashes and charred wood. FIre chief David Bullard said the house was the scene of a blaze earlier this year and did not have any utility service connected. Neighbors said various peple have been seen going into the building in weeks and months prior to the fire. Once firemen determined there was no one inside the building, they elected to let the blaze burn itself out and devoted their time to protecting the neighboring structures. One shed was damaged after being ignited by the heat fromt he fire and a window on a neighboring house was also damaged.

ragan fire